Puica Nitu, M.Sc. P.Eng., SM IEEE, CIGRE, is a Utility Executive with extensive global experience in power system operation and planning, energy markets, enterprise risk and regulatory oversight. She consults on energy markets integrating renewable resources from planning to operation. She led complex projects in operations (SCADA, EMS) and conducted long term planning studies and derived planning and operational reliability standards.
Specializing in Smart Grids, Renewable generation, Reliability, Financial Engineering, Energy Markets and Power System Integration, she was recently engaged by the Inter-American Development Bank/MHI in Guyana. She was the Operations Expert in a regulatory assessment in Oman.
Puica Nitu is a registered member of the Professional Engineers of Ontario, Canada.
With over 25 years with Ontario Power Generation (Revenue $1.2 Billion CAD, I/S 16 GW), she served as Canadian representative in CIGRE, committee member in NSERC (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada), and reviewer for IEEE and Elsevier since 1990.
Puica Nitu chaired international conferences, lectured on several continents, published a book on Reliability and Security of Nuclear Power Plants, papers in IEEE and PMAPS and published in the Ontario Journal for Public Policy, Canada. She delivered seminars organized by the Power Engineering Society, IEEE plus seminars to power companies worldwide, including Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Malaysia, Indonesia, Portugal, South Africa, Japan, Romania, and Guyana.
Ms. Nitu delivered over 60 specialized seminars to executives and engineers from Europe, North America, Middle East, South East Asia and Japan.
- Modern Power System in Digital Utilities, Energy Commission, Malaysia and utilities in the
- Middle East, June 2020
- Renewable Resources in a Smart Grid (Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, GCCIA, Saudi Arabia)
- The Modern Power System: Impact of the Power Electronics on the Power System
- The Digital Utility, AI and Blockchain
- Smart Grid and Reliability of Distribution Systems, Cyme, Montreal, Canada
- Economic Dispatch in the context of an Energy Market (TNB, Sarawak Energy, Malaysia)
- Energy Markets, Risk Assessment and Financial Management, PES, IEEE: Chicago, San
- Francisco, New York, Portugal, South Africa, Japan. Provided training at CEO and CRO level.
- Enterprise Risk methodology, EDP, Portugal
- Energy Markets: Saudi Electricity Company, Tenaga National Berhad, Malaysia
- Reliability Centre Maintenance (South East Asia, Saudi Electricity Company, KSA)
- EUSN, ENERGY & UTILITIES SECTOR NETWORK, Government of Canada, 2016
- Connected+, IOT, Toronto, Canada September 2016 and 2015
- Smart Grid, Smart Home HomeConnect, Toronto, Canada November 2014
- Wind Power: a Cautionary Tale, Ontario Centre for Public Policy, 2010