Friday Nov 23, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. Signal Analysis Research (SAR) Group, Ryerson University and IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society will be hosting the “Opportunities in Neural Engineering” event.
Day & Time: Friday November 23rd, 2018
9:00 a.m. ‐ 1:30 p.m.
Organizers: Signal Analysis Research (SAR) Group
IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
Location: Room ENG 460, Ryerson University
245 Church Street, Toronto
Contact: Filip Boskovic
Agenda: Each talk will be for 20 minutes plus 5 minutes of discussions.
Session 1 – Neural Engineering framework
1) Overview of the event – Sri Krishnan, Associate Dean (Research), Ryerson University
2) Neural signal processing and machine learning – Sri Krishnan
3) Assistive Technologies – Teodiano Bastos, Federal Univ. Espirito Santo, Brazil
4) Parkinsons’ Disease Voice Analysis – Alice Rueda, Intel Student Ambassador and PhD student
Session 2 – Applications in Neural Engineering
5) Brain-computer Interfaces – Dharmendra Gurve, Ryerson University
6) Rehabilitation facilities and framework for collaborative work – Jeevan Pant, Ryerson University
7) Assistive Living – Robson Cruz and Yuri Silva, Federal Univ. Manuas, Brazil
8) Emerging opportunities – Sri Krishnan and Teodiano Bastos